We had a recent party for 20, some light refreshments after a graduation. Since I am the only GF person, we compromised on what we served.
- We ordered some sushi from TGI Sushi (ask for Chris). Making sure at least some was GF. With any sushi, BEWARE any soy sauce and the fake crab. We ordered a huge platter of sushi. TGI Sushi claims their rice is GF. I only ordered cucumber rolls and asparagus rolls for myself, I did not trust the fake crab that they said was GF, so no California rolls for me. The platter was gorgeous, heaps of wasabi, and bowls of ginger which I shoveled into.
- Trader Joe’s Smooth & Creamy Hummus GF- we served the Roasted Red Pepper, very good, with Crunchmaster GF crackers. The crackers you can buy at Costco. Someone said they liked them not knowing they were GF. That is a compliment!
- My husband thinly sliced some tri-tip and chicken breasts, marinated them (Tri-tip marinade recipe- Tamari Lite GF Soy Sauce, freshly grated ginger, black pepper, powdered garlic, and brown sugar/chicken marinade- from Costco, GF Organic Ville Sesame Teriyaki Sauce) and put them on skewers the night before to BBQ. He BBQd them in the morning, refrigerated them, reheated at 400 degrees for 1/2 an hour and then served as needed on a platter. This was the food highlight of the party.
- Vegetable platter and fruit platter.
- And Nothing Bundt Cake bundtinis. These are not GF, but my husband got me a GF Bundtlet (this is the only size they make in GF, only flavor is “Chocolate Chip Cookie” which actually tastes like cookie dough, not all locations carry GF. Call to ask.) Also, check Groupon, they sometimes have coupons.
The event was perfect, the food delicious, and I had no reactions from the food I ate.